Interdisciplinary Graduate Student Conference
The Mahindra Center once again welcomes all Harvard graduate students to submit proposals to coordinate an Interdisciplinary Graduate Student Conference. Funding for the conference will be available up to the amount of $7,500. The Barker Center's Thompson Room has been reserved on Friday, April 7 and Saturday, April 8, 2017.
- Proposal submissions should consist of a one- to two-page description, outlining the proposed theme, structure, timeline, keynote speaker (if applicable), and well-thought-out budget.
- Conference topic should be interdisciplinary, and proposal should make the case for its innovative approaches and relevance to a range of fields.
- Proposal should be a collaborative effort between two or more Harvard graduate students.
- Only one panel should be scheduled at a time to maximize attendance.
- Since this is an opportunity for graduate students to share and explore their work in a collegial environment, faculty involvement should be minimal. You are welcome to propose faculty as panel moderators or keynote speakers, though be mindful of the budgetary limitations (travel/honorarium/hotel) with the latter.
- Funds for travel expenses can only be used to reimburse keynote speakers.
- In addition to $7,500 from the Mahindra Center, coordinators are encouraged to seek additional funding from their respective departments.
- Proposals for conferences already in the development stage, but whose organizers are seeking additional funding, will not be considered.
Please submit proposals via email to email@example.com by Monday, October 3, 2016.
Recent Graduate Student Conferences sponsored or co-sponsored by the Mahindra Center:
- The Future of Food Studies, 2015
- Imaging the Ineffable: Representation and Reality in Religion and Film, 2013
- How To End a Revolution, 2012
- Soldiering: The Afterlife of a Modern Experience, 2011
- Objects of Knowledge, Objects of Exchange, 2009
- Decomposition, 2008
- Bodily Proof, 2007
- Mirrorings: Reflections on Reflection, 2006
- Culture and Modernity: George Simmel in Context, 2005
- The Worldly Earth, 2004
- Alphabetics, 2003
- Still Life, 2003
- Fixed Ideas, 2002
- Escape, 2001
- Failure, 2000